Kenny Arthur is the man to take between the posts on a month long loan Deal from Grimsby Town, Grimsby have allowed Kenny to come to Trinity, which ends the crisis of current goalkeepers, Phil Barnes and Andy Petinger both pulling up injured. Kenny is expected to make his debut on Saturday in the Blue Square Bet north against Bishop's Stortford in the return fixture. Everybody at the club hope Kenny enjoys his stay in Gainsborough and help the Blues some way to achieve promotion.

Arthur came through the youth ranks with Partick Thistle in 1996. During Partick Thistle's recent spell in the Scottish Premier League between 2002 and 2004, Arthur was recognised by the Scottish national team manager of the time Berti Vogts. He was in the squad for the home game against Iceland and for the away game in Lithuania.

2006–07 was Arthur's testimonial year at Partick Thistle and it has so far been noted by a golf day and a match at Firhill Stadium versus Celtic in which Thistle hero Chic Charnley equalised from 25 yards in the last minute. Arthur played more than 275 games for Partick Thistle.

Accrington Stanley

Arthur joined Accrington Stanley in 2007, where he remained for two years with the club.


In 2009 he joined Rochdale, and in May 2010 he gained interest from Grimsby Town.

Grimsby Town

Arthur signed a two year deal with Grimsby Town on 8 June 2010 taking the number one spot from Nick Colgan. Grimsby who had suffered a goalkeeping crisis in both the past two seasons saw the new seasons preparations stall when Arthur injured his hamstring in the clubs defeat against Rushden & Diamonds. Incidentally an injury to his understudy Colgan meant that goalkeeping coach Steve Croudson was called up to replace Arthur for at least one game before Sheffield Wednesday'sRichard O'Donnell was signed. Arthur returned to action on September 20 against Fleetwood Town only to injure his thumb in the warm up, meaning O'Donnell was forced to fill in once again.

Throughout his first year at the club, more than several injury problems meant he missed small chunks of the season. In the summer of 2011, Grimsby signed James McKeown as back-up keeper to Arthur but following the completition of pre-season McKeown became the favoured shot stopper at Blundell Park. On 3 November 2011 Arthur was loaned to Conference North side Gainsborough Trinity on an initial one month loan, following injuries to Trinity's keeper Phil Barnes and Andrew Pettinger.

News - Latest Gainsborough Trinity News

Site Login