Gainsborough Trinity Football Club was formed in 1873 as Trinity Recreationists, set up by the vicar of the Holy Trinity Church for young parishioners. In 1889 they became members of the Midland Counties League, losing their first match 1-2 to Lincoln City and going on to finish 7th out of eleven clubs. The club quickly became well known, and won their first Midland League championship in 1890/91 and after finishing runners-up the following season were elected to the Football League Second Division. Find out more about our club and history below.
This website is sponsored and supported by Web Design Studios, official website provider and supplier of Gainsborough Trinity Football Club. An ongoing partnership for over ten years, the company continues to support the club with website updates and the integration of new features and functionality. Services provided include website design, system development, hosting and online marketing. ©2023 Gainsborough Trinity FC