Key responsibilities in this role will include attracting investment in the club by way of sponsorship and other general fundraising activities. This includes, but not restricted to, kit, ground and website advertising, programme advertisements and match sponsorships. You will be involved in increasing the membership of the successful weekly letter draw, boosting income with current advertisers, as well as securing new business, as well as brainstorming ideas to increase attendance at matches and increasing sales within our club shop, both at the club and online.
Work Location: Flexible
Post Title: Commercial Manager
Remuneration: By Commission
Reporting to: Chief Executive Matt Boles and Executive Board
Main Contacts: Members of Business Community, both local and national. Supporters of GTFC, GTFV Supporters Club, Community Representatives, GTFC Board Members and Club Officials, Gainsborough Trinity Foundation and Community Football Club
Hours of Work: Negotiable
The key responsibility is to increase revenue streams for Gainsborough Trinity Football Club including, but not limited to, Stadium/Stand sponsorship, selling perimeter boards, programme advertisements and match sponsorship packages. Furthermore, the successful applicant will boost income with current advertisers as well as secure new business. They will:
1. Be the primary contact for all commercial activity connected with the club.
2. Be responsible for commercial activities at Gainsborough Trinity Football Club.
3. Promote and increase membership of the weekly letter draw.
4. Help increase attendance at matches and increase awareness of the Club.
1. To generate income for Gainsborough Trinity Football Club through sale of kit sponsorship, ground advertising, match sponsorships and programme advertising.
2. To promote and increase membership of the weekly letter draw
3. To undertake commercial activities as directed by nominated officials of Gainsborough Trinity Football Club with a view to increasing revenue streams.
4. To prepare monthly written reports, on commercial activities and projections, for presentation to the Board of Gainsborough Trinity Football Club.
5. Work to increase attendance at matches, and to increase sales from our club shop, both at the club and online.
6. Implement a calendar of fundraising events/activities across the calendar year.
Minimum Essential Requirements
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate most, if not all, of the following qualities:
The ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The ability to complete financial projection reports.
Good literacy and numeracy skills.
A knowledge of sales and marketing practices
Innovate ideas associated with income generation on behalf of Gainsborough Trinity Football Club.
Car and full driving license.
Previous fundraising experience (Desirable)
Previous commercial experience (Desirable)
Previous sales and marketing experience (Essential)
Previous IT experience (Desirable)
Work related circumstances
A flexible approach to working hours will be required.
Duties to be carried out in close liaison with COE and Exec Board