We had the aim going into the game of eradicating our current trend of starting games slowing and that was certainly the case as we started fast and strong dominating the opening twenty minutes of the game, however with little in the way of chances to show for it. This would go on to be the story for the majority of the first half. Trinity Reserves dominated both possession and the game with only a handful of major chances to show for it, one of which being Harry Brown left 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper having been slipped through as the result of a great through ball. However he could not take the chance and he had the opportunity to score a header from the resultant corner, unfortunately he couldn't direct the header on target.

At half time there was a clear message from the manager and that was we needed someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck and show some desire within the opposition box to try and win us the game.

We came out of the second half and started relatively slowly, giving Wyberton a slight confidence boost but we weathered the slight storm for ten minutes before continuing to dominate the game again. At this point, both wingers (Pettit and Edwards) really begin to start causing problems for their opposition, constantly weaving and turning before ether shooting or crossing the ball. However we still lacked the presence in the area to provide any real goal scoring opportunities.

Midway through the second half the manager decided to make a change, pushing our centre back Taylor into the middle of the park as he was beginning to dominate the game and this resulted in even more pressure from Trinity Reserves. Chance after chance was created but nobody could get the ball in the back of the net. This was the case for the last 15 minutes until the ball broke to Harry Brown in the box and he lashed the ball goal bound only for it to rattle the bar in the late stages of the game.

Overall, a very frustrating day at the office for the Team as we felt it was a real opportunity for three points against opposition who stayed solid, and made it tricky for us to break them down. We just lacked the desire and willingness to put our body on the line to get the three points within the opposition area. With that said one point is better than none so we look forward to some hard work within training this week as we prepare for a tough journey to Lincoln Moorlands next weekend, in which we have a few major characters returning from suspension.

With a young energetic side that is wanting to play attractive football, there are plenty of positives to take as the future looks bright! We look forward to next week and we would like the wish Wyberton all the best for the rest of the season.